June 7, 2019 Riot has revealed all the abilities of Qiyana, coming in patch 9.13.
After a teaser video revealed the next new League of Legends champion this week, Riot has fully lifted the veil to showcase all of the abilities and lore for Qiyana, Empress of the Elements. She’s made for high-skill playstyles, and she’s the first solo AD assassin to hit the game in ages – after Zed, nearly seven years ago. Qiyana will hit League of Legends in patch 9.13.
Qiyana’s Terrashape ability lets her buff her weapon while near certain terrain types, and for the duration of the enchantment she gets an out-of-combat movement bonus while near that terrain. That also upgrades her Q to Elemental Wrath, which will deal bonus effects against enemies depending on which enchantment she has. That means you’ll need to pay extra close attention to what terrain you’re on while playing as or against her.
She’s also introducing a brand-new region to Runeterra – Qiyana is from Ixaocan, the capital city of Ixtal. She’s after the high seat of the Yun Tal as the last in line to succeed her parents, and she aims to take her elemental mastery to build an empire.
Now let’s run down all those abilities:
- Passive – Royal Privilege
- Qiyana’s first attack or basic ability that damages an enemy deals bonus physical damage. Royal Privilege has a per-target cooldown that resets when Qiyana casts Terrashape to gain a different weapon enchantment than the one she currently has.
- Q – Edge of Ixtal / Elemental Wrath
- Qiyana swings her weapon, damaging enemies hit (reduced damage to targets beyond the first). Whenever Qiyana enchants her weapon with Terrashape, this ability upgrades to Elemental Wrath and resets its cooldown.
- Elemental Wrath: Qiyana overcharges her enchantment to blast it in a target direction, detonating on the first enemy hit or at max range. The detonation damages enemies and:
- River Enchantment: Briefly roots enemies hit, then slows them
- Wall Enchantment: Deals bonus damage to low-health enemies
- Brush Enchantment: Leaves a canopy trail that stealths Qiyana and grants movement speed. Canopy fades early if Qiyana attacks an enemy or leaves its area.
- W – Terrashape
- Qiyana can target River, Wall, or Brush to dash toward it and enchant her weapon with it. While Qiyana’s weapon is enchanted, she gains attack speed, her attacks and basic abilities deal bonus damage, and she gains out-of-combat movement speed while near the corresponding terrain type.
- E – Audacity
- Qiyana dashes a fixed distance at target enemy, dealing physical damage to them.
- R – Supreme Display of Talent
- Qiyana creates a shockwave that knocks back enemies and stops when it hits a wall. Any River, Wall, and Brush hit by the shockwave explode to deal physical damage to enemies and stun them (distant enemies are stunned less).
We’ll see much more of Qiyana in action when League of Legends patch 9.13 hits.
Read more: Come see League of Legends’ next patch take shape
Check out League of Legends patch 9.12 details for info on what’s hitting the game in the more immediate term
Credit: Source link